The BI biological suite houses two Tecan Infinite M200 Pro plate readers capable of absorbance, fluorescence and luminescence measurements. The units can perform single wavelength measurements and/or wavelength scans, multiple reads per well, while plates are exposed to varying temperature (ambient+5oC – 42oC) and shaking (linear or orbital). It is compatible with a variety of microplates, including 96 and 384 sizes, which may be loaded with or without the cover. Additional components include an injection module, and Nanoquant® Plate for the quantification and fluorescent labeling efficiency of small volumes (2 ul) of nucleic acids and proteins. Plate reader commands are programed in i-control® software, while data acquisition is through Microsoft® Excel.
- Single Absorbance measurements and absorbance scans (230 - 1000 nm)
- Single Fluorescence measurements, Emission scans, and Excitation scans
- Luminescence Dual colour measurements
- Nucleic acid and protein quantification via Nanoquant plate
- Optical density (OD600) measurements of bacteria
- Microplate(s) appropriate for application
- BSL-2 may be required - See the BI Access & Training page for more information.